A rare view of the shop in total disarray. But this is how it looks like now. Note the speakers which I installed today. They come from the outside shop where Vanessa was built. I am organizing all the stuff, believe me. I like the process of cleaning up and organizing.
Some actual work was done on the boom today. This is the attachment for the boomvang, now necessary with the new gooseneck arrangement.
This is the cunningham itself. The clamcleat is temporarily put there to see how things work in practice.
The boom was outfitted with reefing hardware. Taken from Joel's setup I just setup the first reefing line. The second reefing line makes the sail a postage stamp. We should be ok with being able to quickly get the sail sized smaller to the first line. Again, testing it will give better insight and improvement possibilities. This pic is of the forward section of the boom. Same setup aft on the boom. The reefing will be done by lowering mainsail and pulling in the reefing lines forward and aft and setting in clam cleat.
Next is the lazy jack eyes on boom.
No comments:
Post a Comment