Clouds obstructed direct rays hitting the island this morning. The air was strange and hazy. I looked up and saw a large ring around the sun, like a perfect rainbow but in a circle. Something to do with water particles up in the atmosphere. Some say it is a sign from the Gods. Not sure what kind of sign, good or bad.
We are entering the seasonal Quarisma period, high winds, sometimes paired with two drops of rain. They say the Quarisma blows away the evil spirits from the island.
We need that now. The hourly updates from the world sweltering with this COVID-19 wave and subsequent economic disruptions are scary. As a small island we hold our breath since we could not handle an Italian situation here. If this thing grabs hold here, with an incubation period of 3-4 weeks, the entire island will be infected before the first symptoms show. But I am not a virologist, medical doctor or anything close. So do not take my doom scenario seriously.
I do study organizations and systems. On that level I am fascinated how one flu-virus scares us so much that we change universally with the result that CO2 emissions are lowered and the saudis and russians dump their oil... things which seemed impossible before all of a sudden "are possible". It just shows us what we are capable of if shit really hits the fan. It reminds me of the boiling water and frog parable.
I am rambling, probably because of the Quarisma blowing through my brain. I hope it blows away the fear and all virusses with it from this island.
Update: It is called a "halo". An old local lady told me "it is a sign of God to show his Power to us. And to make us realize all our pity full things we do here on earth." She pointed her finger up... oh boy. We are in deep sh.t.
It is a beautiful sight though:


No comments:
Post a Comment