After too many months of interruptions Vanessa was finally on the water.
She has undergone some minor mods. One of these included clam cleats setup change for the jib sheets.
Another one was the addition of a new 3.3 hp Mercury outboard:
See previous posts for more info.
Sail was enjoyable. Winds fluky between 20 and 28 knots. Small craft warning for west coast, just some extra wave action noticed.
We hoisted jib and mizzen only. I am taking it easy and zero risks. I need to get comfortable with her again. Easy does it. With this wind and with engine we will just go and have some fun on the water.
About safety: The life jacket I had on board for Paul did not fit him (another lesson), so I made him keep the flotation cushion with him all the time. We stayed close to shore and the fact that he can swim and sail made me comfortable to go ahead with him on board. Not having a boom as risk also made the risk much less.
Here is the vid taken of the trip with the gopro (see first pic in this post).



No comments:
Post a Comment