Sunday, October 13, 2019

Some more, and even less

Some more humble pie was served to be eaten. This time by a freak bike accident, fracturing something in right hand.

About a month before Webb broke a rib I summersaulted over the front wheel of my bike. My right hand absorbed most of the impact, miraculously not exploding. Nursing it for some weeks and feeling small recovery steps daily I hoped that full function of the hand would return some day.

However the mind and soul work in mysterious ways; somewhere a reservation appeared in my thoughts. One that prepared me for the possibility of never being able to handle a sailboat alone anymore. It would not be safe not having the full use of my right hand available...

A few days ago was the first time i could do a plank without much pain and having to change hand position. We are now at 90% of handfunction. The body healed itself nearly completely in about 2,5 months. I now expect 100% recovery soon. Even less pain is in the future.

 I can now think about sailing again. So today I read all Webb's and Steve's posts since i stopped reading anything related to boats, sails, ocean and journeys because of the self induced block..

It is said that people dont change because they see the Light but because they feel the heat. I now see the Light because the heat of pain has left. Change happens. I wonder how much is self induced and how much is not.

Next post will be with sailing pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment