Monday, December 30, 2019

History, Intentions and Hardware

I love the USA, especially Key West. This ship-town still has a lot of smells and looks of the old sailing era. Through all the cruise boats and tourists roaming the courses and waterfronts, the rough and salty past can still be seen and felt... it is not so far away. 

When not thinking about customer requests and programming algorithms, thoughts of sailing and boatbuilding just drift up in my brain. The small pram in construction did not get touched much this year. That will change the coming year. 

Beautiful oarlocks with matching sockets were bought for her already.


Anticipating some good (solo) coastal sailing trips with Vanessa require this safety equipment. I always felt the need for a good lashing system and this hardware will be made into one. The snapshackle will tie my harnass to it. It has an emergency detachment-pull-string. The two carabiners are for a 1 meter and a 2 meter section so I can short tie or long tie myself to a hardpoint on the boat. I just do not want to have to swim back to shore in case I fall overboard and have Vanessa nicely balanced. She will not turn into the wind automatically and keep on sailing to Panama.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment